Saturday, June 30, 2007

Planz

Right now I'm in an internet cafe near Neah's family condo in Benaulim. Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Pune (Poona) where B.K.S. Iyengar teaches. B.K.S. Iyengar is the person credited with popularizing Hatha Yoga in the West, and Iyengar yoga is the style. Unfortunately he's stopped teaching since he's 88, but I hope to take an Iyengar style yoga class or two there before I get back on the train and head up to Mumbai on my way to Delhi.

Note: I think I may have forgotten to mention that Mumbai and Bombay are the same place. As part of the Indian Nationalist movement, many place names are being changed to sound more Indian. This gets very confusing at times---especially when it comes to streets---because sometimes people still use the anglicized versions, and maps usually only list the official names for everything.

6 comments:

DF said...

no explanations needed about mumbai/bomay or who is bks iyengar, i know that already, and i want to hear what the yoga is like and how the old master is doing!!

DF said...

*bombay (sp)

adrianne said...

i'm jealous, you little punk ass bitch

DF said...

oh and i want more photos

DF said...

and also i want you to answer my email about abu dabi and/or oman

DF said...

*abu dhabi (sp)