Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Doin' It Pose

Unfortunately, in order to get into the Iyengar Institute classes you need eight years experience and reservations one year in advance. There's another place that's much more famous here called the Osho Ashram, but it's hugely expensive and you need to take an HIV test on arrival. I talked to an Italian backpacker named Annalisa who had been there about it.

Apparently Osho, the highly controversial founding guru, taught sexual liberation as a means to spiritual realization and got quite popular in the west for it. Now lots of hippies and high-powered businesspeople come to the commune and hook up. I figure I'll check out the public meditation garden, but the hell I'm gonna drop 1530 rupees on that sketch-fest. I can eat for at least a week on cash that thick.

2 comments:

JEFF said...

Ahh, the religion biz - ya gotta love it, especially if it comes with sex

DF said...

wow, that's real "hot yoga"