Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lovely Lassi

Lassi is a popular Indian yogurty beverage from the Punjab region which is a delicious and nutritious alternative to the water, which is obviously not an option. I'd been enjoying it without any idea how it is prepared though, so when this adorable little boy offered to make me some for 5 rupees, I jumped at the chance.

I didn't get to see how it was made because after I revealed my camera I had to take pictures of half a dozen other adorable children. It was delicious though, and came in a cute little clay pot which is the Varanasi equivalent of disposable cups. They litter the streets but I think they're biodegratable and I know they're fun to step on.

6 comments:

JEFF said...

How come you look sweaty and the kid's hair is dry?

adrianne said...

stop making the thumbs up already. can we get a peace sign?

William said...

rbj: the indians here are used to the heat. they wear button down shirts and long trousers and are fine.

ad: the thumbs up is my signature move now. it's in almost all my pictures.

Anonymous said...

Aren't there any ugly children in Asia? All these so goodlooking!
Grandpa Fener

William said...

Nope. All Asian kids are adorable. Some of them are so poor and dirty that you can't tell how cute they are though.

stephan said...

I like the thumbs up and it looks like the beard is coming back.