Sunday, July 15, 2007

YES!

I got the camera back!!! For free!!! I think the guy who found it figured I wasn't coming back so he took it home. Below is a picture he must've taken. When I called asking for it he figured out who I was, pretended there was a bad connection, and hung up. When I called back, his boss answered and had no idea what had happened. I kept trying to offer baksheesh (bribe money) and he was just sort of put off.

The culprit came back with the camera, telling his boss he'd just found it, and the boss filed a police report. Anyway, after filling out some paperwork and providing a passport photocopy, I'm back in blogging business!


Note: The picture looks to have been taken in one of the villages outside Gorakhpur. Lots of people commute from here because housing is cheaper. And yes, that kid is naked. Indian children here rock out with their cocks out pretty frequently, especially in the villages. I think a lot of them just don't own clothing.

2 comments:

adrianne said...

congrats. i must admit. i was pretty surprised that you got it back.

stephan said...

Glad you got the camera back. He doesn't have your visual style. I mean where is the thumbs up!!